Forum Discussion

6 years ago

More options for alert trigger interval

Hi,

I already raised this with LogicMonitor via email, but just re-iterating here.

For some datapoints, where we want to generate warning/error/critical alerts, you can use the collection interval and alert trigger interval to basically set the amount of time that should elapse if a datapoint threshold/logic triggers an alert.

But it's not possible to currently for example set a completely custom interval based on duration.

e.g. if I want to generate a warning alert after 3 hours, and an error alert after 4 hours, you have to use a combination of the two things above to get close enough to the duration you want.

It would be great if you could, regardless of the collection interval, have more options in the alert trigger interval (currently 1 to 10, and 20,30,40,50,60). So, if I have a collection interval of 5 minutes, I can currently achieve 2.5 hours or 5 hours using 30 and 60 alert trigger interval respectively.

Couldn't there be a regular number input rather than a drop-down with predefined options for the alert trigger interval? or a separate option that allows a completely flexible duration?

Also, can a custom interval already be set using the API, regardless of the UI, as I could try that?

If there's another way to achieve what I want, would be happy to hear it.. :-)

Thanks,

Roland