Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Meraki Multiple Organizations

We manage multiple Meraki organizations and have been limited by the one collector per organization rule. Monitoring a Meraki organization via the Meraki cloud requires snmp.meraki.com be used as the IP Address/DNS name with the organizations unique snmp settings. A collector requires unique IPaddress/DNS name for each Logicmonitor device which prevents multiple organizations from being monitored by the same collector.

To circumvent the one controller per organization limitation we've created internal DNS c-name records which point to snmp.meraki.com and use those as the IP Address/DNS name entry for different client organizations. We are currently running this as a test and haven't experienced any issues to date.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with this (or any other) workaround, if so if any issues were experienced or if anyone can identify potential problems.

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • We have also seen the same issue, although I believe we have enough collectors that we haven't needed to do any DNS tricks. I would be interested in how that works for you over the long term. I can't think of any potential problems with that trick.

• So far so good, no issues with this hack for monitoring Meraki networks as of yet.