Forum Discussion

6 years ago

LogicMonitor and multihomed hosts (multiple IP addresses)

Hello team,

We have hosts with multiple network interfaces, often on the same network but sometimes on different networks.

For example, the Linux server Server1 has the IP addresses 130.195.222.222, 130.195.222.223, and 130.95.163.222, with the WebLogic application server listening on the HTTP and HTTPS ports on all three IP addresses but serving up different web sites with different SSL certificates depending upon which you connect to (which is determined by which FQDN you enter into your browser).

Connecting a device in LogicMonitor, allows to add only one IP.  Does anyone know if  LogicMonitor allow us to encapsulate all of this together for a single device?

Regards

Tanvir

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I make use of the Ping Multi Datasource.    I adjusted mine to automatically add in all IP Addresses listed in system.ips for the device.     That way I know, if I lose PING to one of those IP's but HOST STATUS for the device is fine, then I know there's an issue with just that IP or network segment.     I don't know if that will actually work if there's an issue with the WebLogic Application.   Meaning, the weblogic app might stop serving up the website but the IP address might still be pingable.       

Hope that helps!

• On 9/13/2018 at 7:18 AM, Jason Fant said:

I make use of the Ping Multi Datasource.    I adjusted mine to automatically add in all IP Addresses listed in system.ips for the device.    

Jason, great idea!  We're struggling with this right now to fulfill a similar need.  How did you modify the data source?