Forum Discussion

9 years ago
Solved

How to monitor Cisco UCS server hardware resources

Hi,

I configured CISCO UCS server on Logic Monitor, it is showing CPU.Memory etc data in LM. But we need to monitor hardware resources like Fan, power module etc. I added those MIBs as well to server but still i am not able to get any data for those OIDs. can any one please let me know the procedure to configure the same ?

• You can import the UCS datasources, which give you hardware monitoring among other things,  from the core repository.

From Settings...Datasources...Add From LogicMonitor Repository.

Sort by name, and check all the Cisco UCS ones to import.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • You can import the UCS datasources, which give you hardware monitoring among other things,  from the core repository.

From Settings...Datasources...Add From LogicMonitor Repository.

Sort by name, and check all the Cisco UCS ones to import.

• On 2015-09-29 at 6:32 PM, Manjunath N/A said:

Hi,

I configured CISCO UCS server on Logic Monitor, it is showing CPU.Memory etc data in LM. But we need to monitor hardware resources like Fan, power module etc. I added those MIBs as well to server but still i am not able to get any data for those OIDs. can any one please let me know the procedure to configure the same ?

Hello,

I have successfully downloaded UCS data source. Where I can find information how to add\configure CiscoUCS on LogicMonitor?

Thank you

• You shouldn't need to do anything - if you aren't seeing extra data and monitoring once you've imported the data sources, it probably means you also need to import the UCS OID mappings. (We're making the importing of objects with dependencies like this easier, but right now its a two step process.)

Under Settings...Oids..Import.

• Hello Steve,

Thank you for reply. My question was, how to add Cusco UCS to the logic monitor. We have Cisco UCS and NEtApp and I have to add them to the LogicMonitor.

Thank you

• From the Devices page, just click Add Device (wizard).

It should walk you through adding them in. For the cisco devices, you'll need SNMP credentials. For the NetApp, you will need both SNMP and API credentials.

• Hello Steve,

Thank you for reply. When I go true Add Device (wizard) it asked System type

If I choose "Other Equipment" it asked my SNMP Community.

What I did wrong? Do you know what is the right way to add Cisco UCS or where I can find Doc for this?

Thank you

• An important note that some coworkers of mine missed is you need to add the Fabric interconnects. Which is what the snap traffics through

Attempting to add the management IP as my coworkers did leads to nothing being pulled

We have 6 seperate pods now polling correctly, since we have HA FIs, each pod has 2 devices, the primary and secondary FI

Hope this helps anyone else that isn't 100% familiar with UCS

• Thank you for reply.

I am trying to figure-out what SNMP community string and how it should be configured on UCS site.

Thank you