Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How to create dashboard graph widget that indicates when a configuration change occurred on a device?

How do I create a dashboard graph widget that indicates when a configuration change occurred on a device?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I don't have LMConfig (paid add-on) so I'm not sure but that looks like a normal graph widget also showing a Change Detected via an OpsNote-like thing and not a DataSource. The red graph line itself would be a side effect of the change in their example and the actual pop-up message is from the box.

My guess is that you just place a normal graph widget and it will automatically add that dotted line when a change occurs. If that doesn't work, then perhaps look at the graph tab for the device setup with LMConfig then add that to dashboard in case the graph needs specific device setup.

• If the config change writes something to an event log, you can parse that event log for that event.  If you can find a way to do that as a scripted datasource rather than an event source (or make an eventsource and a matching datasource that uses the Rest API to look for those Events), you could bring it in as a gauge value.  That can be set to 0 or 1.  You can then add it as a complex datapoint with another graph and just multiply it by the max value of the graph to get it to fill the graph when there's an event.  This would draw a line on the graph (technically, a little spike) when a change event occurs that is now overlaid on another datapoint graph.

• On 6/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, Mike Moniz said:

I don't have LMConfig (paid add-on) so I'm not sure but that looks like a normal graph widget also showing a Change Detected via an OpsNote-like thing and not a DataSource. The red graph line itself would be a side effect of the change in their example and the actual pop-up message is from the box.

My guess is that you just place a normal graph widget and it will automatically add that dotted line when a change occurs. If that doesn't work, then perhaps look at the graph tab for the device setup with LMConfig then add that to dashboard in case the graph needs specific device setup.

It does look very similar to OpsNote, but unfortunately I have no idea how to set it up. It looks like this is something I will have to discuss with support. Thanks anyway.

• On 6/6/2019 at 1:19 AM, scavern said:

It does look very similar to OpsNote, but unfortunately I have no idea how to set it up. It looks like this is something I will have to discuss with support. Thanks anyway.

When you work this out with support, please let us know on the forums. Thanks!