Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How Do I get Report That Lists a Group of Defined Alerts

I would like to generate a list of all the alerts that have been defined (not triggered) for a group and/or subgroup. I have looked through the interface and searched the forum, but if there is an obvious way, or a post that addresses it, I have yet to come across it.

Doc's for the Alerts Report indicate there ought to be a option to "include pre-existing alerts" yet I do not have that option on my Alerts Report config page.

So what am I missing/overlooking?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Oops sorry - I started to ask that question yesterday and then came back and started to ask another. I accidentally got two questions mixed up. That's what happens when you post half asleep. My bad.

So... the first ask was:

I would like to generate a list of all the alerts that have been defined (not triggered) for a group and/or subgroup. I have looked through the interface and searched the forum, but if there is an obvious way, or a post that addresses it, I have yet to come across it.

The second was actually:

How do I get a report to show both current and historical alerts. And looking at the docs again it occurs to me what I actually want is "Only Include Active Alerts" to not be selected - except I do not see that option anywhere.

Thanks!

• 1 hour ago, AZDesertRat said:

So... the first ask was:

This sounds like an Alert Threshold report. This will give you the datasource name, instance, and when it triggers at what severity. 

1 hour ago, AZDesertRat said:

The second was actually:

How do I get a report to show both current and historical alerts. And looking at the docs again it occurs to me what I actually want is "Only Include Active Alerts" to not be selected - except I do not see that option anywhere.

When looking at the Alerts tab on a Device or Website OR when looking at the Alerts report OR when configuring an Alert List widget, there will be a table that lists the alerts according to the Filters configured above the table. You're looking for the Cleared filter, which is found under the More option. Toggling the Cleared filter to "All" will get you both historical and active alerts.