Forum Discussion

6 years ago
Solved

Gauge Widget - What is the difference between Data Series and Aggregate

In the Gauge Widget, there are a couple of configuration options called 'Data Series' and 'Aggregate function'. Both have same set of operations as Max, Min, Average. What does both configuration options mean for, how does it differ and in which kind of situation, it is helpful by using these options.

Could anyone please help me on this.

• Hi @Archana,

My understanding is (and I just checked with a colleague on this) that 'Data Series' is a consolidation function used when there is only a single instance present in the widget - where as 'Aggregate' is only used when we have multiple instances configured in the widget.

Our 'DataSource Graphs' documentation touches on the definitions of the available consolidation functions.

Hope that helps(!)

Best,

Kerry

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi @Archana,

My understanding is (and I just checked with a colleague on this) that 'Data Series' is a consolidation function used when there is only a single instance present in the widget - where as 'Aggregate' is only used when we have multiple instances configured in the widget.

Our 'DataSource Graphs' documentation touches on the definitions of the available consolidation functions.

Hope that helps(!)

Best,

Kerry

• 12 hours ago, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

Hi @Archana,

Hope that helps(!)

Best,

Kerry

Hi @Kerry,

I have one more doubt in this. Actually Gauge Widget, represents only the current period of data (not like other Widgets which can display 1 hour or 24 hour or x no. of days/months).

So lets consider that I have a Datapoint with a single instance and I am selecting any of the options from 'Data Series'. How does it affect my current data? It could be Average, Minimum or Maximum function but how it is calculated upon my current data. If Gauge is displaying some 1 hour or 24 hours or any time range of data and selecting Data Series feature will definitely make sense. If it is only current data (single value) for a single instance, how does it make sense by selecting the Data Series options.

Could you please help me on this

• Hi @Archana,

Apologies for the delay on this one. I checked with our product team - the 'Data Series' field affects the History Graph that's available on the other tab of the Gauge Widget. Take a look at these screenshots:

Gauge Mode with different Data Series settings:

Graph Mode with different Data Series settings:

Best,

Kerry

• On 7/23/2018 at 11:14 PM, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

Hi @Archana,

Apologies for the delay on this one. I checked with our product team - the 'Data Series' field affects the History Graph that's available on the other tab of the Gauge Widget. Take a look at these screenshots:

Gauge Mode with different Data Series settings:

Graph Mode with different Data Series settings:

Best,

Kerry

Thankyou