Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Fetching A Specific Dashboard URL

Hello all,

I am currently researching the possibility of running an integration between ServiceNow, an application my company utilizes, and LogicMonitor. I have a request from an end user to open a specific dashboard (this dashboard is different depending on certain conditions, but it is the same type of dashboard) when a link is clicked on the ServiceNow side. 

After looking at the REST API for LogicMonitor, specifically the API for getting information about a dashboard,  I haven't found anything that points to the ability to grab the dashboard URL. I am able to craft a hyperlink such that it opens to ALL the dashboards for my company, but since the dashboards don't seem to follow a set pattern in their URL end-tags, I haven't been able to find a way to make the link dynamically specific to the dashboard that the end user wants.

For reference, the desired dashboard URL will resolve to https://companyname.logicmonitor.com/santaba/uiv3/dashboard/#dashboard=XXXXX, I need to know how to get either the entire URL or the dashboard number at the end (which is DYNAMIC), if possible.

Any input you may be able to offer is appreciated. Thank you for your time!