Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Embed LM Widget on a Corporate SharePoint Page

Hello!

I'm looking to embed a custom widget on our corporate SharePoint page. The SharePoint page is accessible to everyone within our company using active directory authentication. I'm wondering if there is a way to make a Public LM Dashboard widget display in a simple iframe. I'm not sure how to pass credentials or setup the permissions using the share function as this requires a target audience.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • If you select any of your widgets from your dashboard, expand, and select configuration, you should have a widget embed URL on the right hand side of the frame.  That link can be used in external applications to display an up to date view of the widget.

• 1 hour ago, Annie Dunham said:

If you select any of your widgets from your dashboard, expand, and select configuration, you should have a widget embed URL on the right hand side of the frame.  That link can be used in external applications to display an up to date view of the widget.

Thanks for the reply, Annie!

I did manage to get the embed URL out of the widget, the only problem is whenever I embed this URL using an iframe or simply browse to the URL, unless I'm signed into LogicMonitor directly in that browser, the widget will simply display the LogicMonitor login screen. Am I misunderstanding how the "public" dashboard features work?

• No, you didn't misunderstand, I just left out a key piece of information.  Glad someone is paying attention!

The embed URL requires that you include a username and password.  We recommend creating a read only user that only has rights to view the dashboard group(s) necessary.