Forum Discussion

8 years ago

DHCP monitor for Windows Server?

We had a DHCP pool that was nearing capacity and noticed that LM didn't alarm?

Please can we request some DHCP pool monitoring capabilities for Windows Server?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • If anyone is wondering what the DHCP scope monitor should do - here is some a suggestions.

• Use a Datasouce to identify that a Windows server is running DHCP
    • Retrieve the scopes that exist
    • Retrieve the number of IP addresses in the scope range ass well as the number of unassigned IP addresses
    • Create a threshold for an alarm if # unassigned  IP addresses is below a specified value or the % of devices that are unassigned drops below a specified %.
    • Graph scope #, assigned #, unassigned #

Or something like that.

Todd

• I have a set of Powershell scripts that we use to monitor DHCP if you're interested.

• Hi Dave - We're always happy to help with adding or extending device metrics.  We'll be in touch to get more details re what you'd like to see.

• Coincidentally I was just looking for the same thing.  How can I monitor the progress to get some DHCP scope monitoring capabilities?

• Yes, this would be a very handy feature. We often get wireless DHCP scopes getting full.

• I agree!! This would be a fantastic datasource to add to the collection of windows server datasources.