Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Collect Data more frequently than 1 minute?

We have a need to collect Citrix ICA Latency data every 15 seconds. The most frequent interval I see is 1 minute. Is there a workaround or trick to collect more frequently? We may have an ICA Latency issue and want to avoid missing any spikes that can occur in between polls. If possible, can Lomo even display this data properly? I am looking at WMI- Win32_PerfRawData_CitrixICA_ICASession, the property is LatencyLastRecorded. If forum members have any other great ideas regarding ICA Latency to share, we are interested to hear them. Thanks, John.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Currently the most frequent polling interval is 1 minute. (There is actually a bunch of backend end changes that have happened to enable greater frequency sampling and better historical resolution. But these are still going through regressions, running in parallel with the current system. THey wont be out for a few months.)rnSo.. I cannot think of a good solution to this, except to also collect the Latency Session Deviation.rnYou could plot the deviation plus the average to get the absolute worst possible case that latency could have been.rnMaybe there is a better idea, though...

• Steve, that is a good idea. If I add the Latency Session Deviation to, for example, Latency Last Recorded, that would pretty much cover any monitoring gaps and any missed spikes in latency. Although the latency values will be inflated, it would show the worst possible case per ICA session. Well consider this approach further. Thanks.