Forum Discussion

Cole_McDonald
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
5 years ago

Cluster Counter Conundrum: DataSources and Devices

We are in a Microsoft clustered environment:

The cluster hosts have multiple vNICs and therefore multiple IPs.  Each of those IPs have a DNS entry associated with them.  As such, LM sees them as separate entities and creates devices for each of them.  Every WMI counter that wants to check on the host is also firing for each of the vNICs.  The DNS entry associated with the secondary vNICs on the host each relate to a customer evironment.  We'd like to be able to present each customer's metrics to them (ultimately server CPU, MEM, NET) for their part of that resource in their dashboards.

Can anyone think of a way to get LM to not duplicate WMI effort on those servers?  Is it just a matter of waiting for the dependency mapping to come out and start alleviating those issues?  Do I need to write something to prevent them from collecting that data?  If I do so will that prevent the customer's dashboard from presenting the data there?  I sound like the end of an old timey episodic radio show.  Stay tuned next week :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">