Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Cluster Alerting Issue

I was asked by Support to post my issue with Cluster Alerting here. My support ticket is #12353. My cluster alerts setting has \'\'Suppress individual alert\'\' set to YES. When a datapoint in one of the two nodes in the cluster group goes into alert state, I do not get an alert notification (exactly what is expected), but an alert for the node is generated (appears in Alerts tab) and the node turns red, which is not expected because \'\'Suppress individual alert\'\' is set to YES. Unless I am totally misunderstanding the meaning of this setting, I believe it should not generate an alert when only 1 of the 2 nodes in the cluster has crossed the monitoring threshold defined in the cluster alert.

• The suppress flag is meant to suppress alert notifications, not the alert itself. The alerts are left on in part to help identify issues, and because the node has theoretically exceeded the threshold. The assumption was the node has gone into alert by exceeding the threshold, but that given your infrastructure you may not need to be notified of this unless it is happening with multiple nodes. We have some other requests around cluster alerting, and will keep this in mind when we evaluate them.

• Thank you Annie. Perhaps one of the considerations when your team evaluate this issue is the possible addition of a Suppress individual alert notification flag. This would allow the user the option to select the suppression of notification or alert or both. Currently, you just assume we dont want the nofication. Thanks.

• Hi Annie, thats an annoying assumption--should be an option to say the least. Ive setup a cluster alert with thresholds that indicate when I consider the alerts to be a problem requiring action. It would make more sense to show the individual engine alerts only when the cluster alert settings have been exceeded (at least an option). That would make this feature way more intuitive, to say the least. Its extremely weird that I see 100s of irrelevant alerts in my reports & see hostgroups/engines flashing red when theres no actionable-issue. Also makes it that much more difficult to identify real issues that warrant further investigation.rn rnWithout the ability to suppress alerts cleanly, this is feature is useful, but woefully incomplete.

• On our web, you can feel safe! Besides we use mirrored hard drives on all of our servers so we also take backup twice a day on separate servers. We use ISPmanager as the control panel. ISPmanager is a control panel that makes it easy to administer its Web site. With us you can place as many websites and domains you wish for a hosting account.

virtual hosting