Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Automate adding of multiple datapoints from multiline key-value pair output for Script datasource

Is there a way to automate adding of multiple datapoints from multiline key-value pair output for Script datasource.

Thank You !

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • On 2/4/2016 at 10:04 PM, Dinesh Singh said:

Is there a way to automate adding of multiple datapoints from multiline key-value pair output for Script datasource.

Thank You !

I haven't seen any discussions about DS/ES API support.  You can clone dataPoints, then edit the name and the key-value pair.  It's slightly faster than fully manual.  I too would love DataSource and EventSource management from API.

• When we do this kinda thing in-house, I'll sometimes create a single datapoint, export the datasource to XML, add additional datapoints via copy/paste, and update the new datapoint names & keys. Once you're done just import the XML file back into your account.

If you haven't had a look, the XML data structures for all of our exportable LogicModules is incredibly straightforward, so hacking in this manner is relatively easy.