Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Arbitrary information from the MIBs to be displayed

I also request this. Monitoring system has access to so much info for reporting.

The ability seems to be there since this is loaded if mysql monitoring is enabled.rn

rn
jdbc.mysql
rn
rn
version=5.0.91-community-log
rn
rn rn rnFor example if i was planning a migration, i would like to run a report on centos release number or mysql version.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I think we have requested this already but I just wanted to re-iterate this.

1) Currently the only arbitrary information from the MIBss that can be displayed with the host is the “sysinfo†field, there is pandoras box of more information we would like be able to display and include in the alerts this might include,

Serial numbers, software versions, hardware types, hostname ( as the device sees its own hostname ).

The request is to be able to read and display arbitrary information from the device MIBs in the monitoring. just to able to display the RAW text, no interpretation of the data whatsoever is needed.

2) A second and possibly different request is that all this info can be pulled from the system in the reports, as long as we can get a CSV file out with the raw data, that should be enough.

• We are still in need of this feature, I've just been explaining to a new starter who asked the question how we cannot pull arbitrary values such as software versions, ( easily )