Forum Discussion

Kevin_Ford
Icon for Employee rankEmployee
6 years ago

Allow saved filters in Alerts tab

Please forgive me if this has been requested in the past. I didn't see it in my brief searching.

Background/use-case:

Our users and administrators often bounce between several different combinations of filters in LogicMonitor's Alerts tab throughout the day. There are some common combinations of filters used more frequently than others by individuals, by specific teams, and by all users. While we can, and have, created dashboards for some of these common sets of alerts, the dashboard Alerts widget doesn't offer the same functionality as LogicMonitor's main Alerts tab - particularly the inline graphs and history (which are wonderfully useful).

The Ask:

Allow saving combinations of filters on the Alerts tab as named filter-sets (i.e. favorites), along with a basic interface for managing these filter-sets (editing, deleting, re-ordering, etc). It would also be wonderful to have the ability to designate shared/public filter-sets (controllable by role). I see this as a valuable enhancement for customers not doing event management through external systems. As an additional nice-to-have, it would be very useful to have the option to save column settings per filter-set as well.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey Kevin, 

This is a great suggestion, there are actually plans to support the Saved Filters concept you have described above. 

The current plan is to implement this as part of the new UI's Alerts page and to migrate this functionality later to the Alerts list widget in Dashboards. 

Feel free to reach out to me via email and I can show you a demo as well as get some additional feedback you may have! 

Best, 

Linus 

linus.lau@logicmonitor.com