Forum Discussion

8 years ago

A list of different feature requests (from a daily user)

Hello everyone!

Here is my list of different feature requests I've been collecting for a couple of weeks. I've been using LM on a daily basis for about 6 months now. The list will eventually grow as I keep noticing what is missing and what could be better. :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

• - Collector: (Manage Collector -> Support -> Collector Events) "Collector Events" refresh button 
  • - Schedule options eg. "run on every month's 2nd Tuesday" or "Run on every months last Thursday"
  • - Collector failover: Failover options within a pool of collectors not just 1. Eg. Failover with Pool1, Pool2 etc...
  • - status.logicmonitor.com should use HTTPS. That would also allow us to add the site to our dashboards (html). Alternatively there could be a widget for this information?
  • - Alerts counter in browser's tab subject. Eg. "(26) LogicMonitor - Company Ltd - alerts...."
  • - For now it is not possible to create a scheduled report including portal wide customers and devices so that in each line is the name of the customer and the total number of it's devices.
  • - Reports: -> Properies (below DataSources) -> Property Name... Property Names should be 'draggable' so that we could arrange them without a need to first remove then re-add the same Property back
  • - Ability to prevent DataSource updates for specific DataSources. EG warning message or something. Creating clones is one way but the 'original' ones are still overwiriting the 'filter' setting.
  • - More option for graphs' "Default time range". At the moment there is too large jump from 5h to 1 day/24h with no options in between. 12h?
  • Escalation Chains: Stage 1, Stage 2 etc... There should be way how to 'avoid' Stage 1 so that Stage 2 receives alerts only if they are longer than the escalation time limit. In this case we could use Stage 1 with some delay/option eg. 'receive Error alerts only if they last 24h or longer'.

Feel free to comment and/or add your additional ideas. :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Portal: TimeZone setting is missing Finnish summer time. Current 'Helsinki' setting is wrong by one hour.

• I like the idea of marking a Logic Module as "never to be updated" so that we can avoid accidental updates.

• Agreed - a way to update a datasource logic without updating certain parts would be super nice.  For example, if there's a new or more efficient method for collecting bits of data made available we would want to take advantage of that BUT we would not want to update any custom thresholds set at the DS level, nor any custom filters already applied.