Thank you for supporting LogicMonitor's efforts to ensure Collector Security. With your help, we have been able to transition ~7,000 collectors to non-privileged users out of the 10,000 linux collectors currently live in customer environments.
Per our last email on this topic, we had shared a deadline of June 30, 2023 for customers to migrate their collectors from root to non-root users. Due to customer requests needing more time, we have now extended the deadline to September 30, 2023, allowing for more time to test the non-root migration scripts and migrate linux collectors.
We appreciate your support in helping us achieve our goal of running all collectors using non-privileged credentials.
- Migrate any collectors which are running under root users to non-privileged users
- For more details, please refer to: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/migrating-collector-from-root-to-non-root-user
- If your current collector installation process uses the root user to install linux collectors, please start using non-privileged user
- For more details, please refer to: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/collectors/collector-installation/installing-collectors#Linux-collector.
- Migrate your current linux collector install base to non-privileged users as soon as possible, however no later than September 30, 2023. Your current collectors will not be affected by this change, only new installs will not be installed as root.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please contact Logicmonitor Support or contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Is there a reason why this will not work in your environment?
Would you still like to run a linux collector as root?
Let us know in the comments