Blog Post

LM News
1 MIN READ

LM Envision

A11ey
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

LM Envision’s New UI offers a modern and intelligent new platform design that is built to maximize user productivity, offer intuitive platform administration, and provide a smarter, cohesive, and accessible experience.  LM Envision provides correlation, context and clarity to understand the business impact and causes of complex IT incidents. Read the solution brief to learn more! 

Click here to download the Solution Brief.

​​​​​​

wTWCJ5d1u1I3-I3iH5H5m9ocwtast5t9UPVuQ3xMNGvLyQW6Jco-tto_Mxt_AfJv8BYV2ecgN0bdBTR054cYMPgvVhi6yixLjjuf1XfrZvOEPTyJnkWhO_-DMBefKp-5P3otgZ460XUW5bACCzLyQOg

Published 2 years ago
Version 1.0

10 Comments

• We’ve had the fortune to be working with the UI/UX team giving real world use case feedback on these changes. The progress we’ve seen on this has been phenomenal.  The focus has shifted from raw data to context and the user’s ease of access to the data.  This will be leaps and bounds better than it has been to this point.

• We’ve had the fortune to be working with the UI/UX team giving real world use case feedback on these changes. The progress we’ve seen on this has been phenomenal.  The focus has shifted from raw data to context and the user’s ease of access to the data.  This will be leaps and bounds better than it has been to this point.

We have been working with the UI/UX team as well and it has been a treat. They are responsive and understanding. We are liking the direction of merging in the information from other modules and what appears to be a drive to deliver more topical data.

I still prefer the older color scheme tho. It feels more polished vs free open source product someone found on Sourceforge.

• I still prefer the older color scheme tho. It feels more polished vs free open source product someone found on Sourceforge.

My main concern with the color (specifically on the left nav) is that it be applied throughout the whole interface… as soon as I click on resources right now, I’m back to gray… even if the other product UI pieces aren’t done being developed, it would make it feel more cohesive.

• I don’t get what LM Envision is. Is it the code name for UIv4? Is it the new name for the product, in an attempt to separate the product from the company? Is it just the IM portion of the product? The communication around the word Envision was botched, IMO.

• UIv4 stuff for resources, reports, and services coming real soon I’m told. There will be a toggle that will let you switch between the new and the old. If history is any example, that toggle will be around for 3-9 months, giving them time to work out any bugs discovered after deployment and before they take away the old working UI.

• I don’t get what LM Envision is. Is it the code name for UIv4? Is it the new name for the product, in an attempt to separate the product from the company? Is it just the IM portion of the product? The communication around the word Envision was botched, IMO.

I’ve never heard “Envision” until this post.  I just recognize the changes to the UI.

I’ve never heard “Envision” until this post.  I just recognize the changes to the UI.

Case in point. 

P.S. I really miss the old quoting ability. Quoting the entire post is wasteful.

• Case in point. 

P.S. I really miss the old quoting ability. Quoting the entire post is wasteful.

You can click on the header of each part of the quote and delete it.

• You can click on the header of each part of the quote and delete it.

Still more work than previously. Previously you could just highlight what you wanted and click the quote button that popped up. 2 clicks, no keystrokes. The quoting feature probably won’t change, so I’m tilting at windmills.

And you can’t embed images by url? I tried using the embed media, but it said the domain wasn’t supported. What domains are supported? Tried several different ones.

• I still prefer the older color scheme tho. It feels more polished vs free open source product someone found on Sourceforge.

My main concern with the color (specifically on the left nav) is that it be applied throughout the whole interface… as soon as I click on resources right now, I’m back to gray… even if the other product UI pieces aren’t done being developed, it would make it feel more cohesive.

I agree, this confuses the hell out of new users that I try to get up to speed too.