Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

LogicMonitor for Azure and AVS

Hi Team,

I am new to LogicMonitor and have below basic queries on LogicMonitor and Collectors:

1. If we want to monitor Azure as well as Azure VMWare Solution (AVS) using LM, do we need one collector for Azure and another for AVS?
  2. If we add the subscription as per this link (Adding Microsoft Azure Cloud Monitoring | LogicMonitor), will it allow us to monitor Azure Networking, activity logs etc.?
  3. Do we need to deploy the resource group with Event Hub and Azure Function (Sending Azure Logs | LogicMonitor) to send the logs to LM? Installing the collector in the Azure region and adding the Subscription not suffice?
  • If we want to monitor Azure as well as Azure VMWare Solution (AVS) using LM, do we need one collector for Azure and another for AVS?

I’m not familiar with AVS but if it works like VMWare Cloud for AWS, you can communicate between vmware’s network and the native cloud platform. So WMI/SNMP/API/etc calls from the Collector can reach your vmware VMs. But I would suggest keeping a Collector within the vmware environment directly anyway, to keep it within the same network and also save network bandwidth costs I presume would exist between vmware and native azure. It might also be required to be able to communicate with vcenter management network?

If we add the subscription as per this link (Adding Microsoft Azure Cloud Monitoring | LogicMonitor), will it allow us to monitor Azure Networking, activity logs etc.?

Adding this will let you monitor Azure and provide what is listed at https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/cloud-resource-units#h-microsoft-azure.

1 Reply

• If we want to monitor Azure as well as Azure VMWare Solution (AVS) using LM, do we need one collector for Azure and another for AVS?

I’m not familiar with AVS but if it works like VMWare Cloud for AWS, you can communicate between vmware’s network and the native cloud platform. So WMI/SNMP/API/etc calls from the Collector can reach your vmware VMs. But I would suggest keeping a Collector within the vmware environment directly anyway, to keep it within the same network and also save network bandwidth costs I presume would exist between vmware and native azure. It might also be required to be able to communicate with vcenter management network?

If we add the subscription as per this link (Adding Microsoft Azure Cloud Monitoring | LogicMonitor), will it allow us to monitor Azure Networking, activity logs etc.?

Adding this will let you monitor Azure and provide what is listed at https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/cloud-resource-units#h-microsoft-azure.