Forum Discussion

4 months ago

UIv4 breaks SVG Text Widgets

When a UIv4 Dashboard Widget is pure SVG content, it works fine in UIv3, but is broken in UIv4.  This breaks our smart widgets for network diagrams.  Simple example:

UIv3:

UIv4:

6 Replies

• @Sarah Luna,

We have a customer requesting an update.

Please could you advise which version the UIv4 text widget will be fixed in?

We can demonstrate the issue to you if that helps?

Thanks!

David

• @Joe Williams - yes - we show device status live in the widget from a Visio diagram.  Each item on the diagram (link, node, group outline etc.) shows according to the LM colors (or any you choose). There is a short update delay (normally 10 seconds).

There is a complexity limitation because of the Text widget's max character count, which you can work around by keeping the diagram simple (e.g. by avoiding complex vendor templates).

The diagram conversion is either a small amount of PS from us OR you can do it yourself in ReportMagic if you have a subscription.

Happy to give a demo.

• @David Bond Sorry to derail your post, but I am super curious to your use case. We are always looking at leveraging dashboards more.

Wait, @David Bond, does that show a Visio diagram in a LM dashboard widget with the associated alert status on the SVG objects???

Sarah_Luna
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

hey David - thanks for the feedback. I’ve created a ticket to track this issue.

• @David Bond Sorry to derail your post, but I am super curious to your use case. We are always looking at leveraging dashboards more.