Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

Issues with new dynamic filtering feature of UIv4 Dashboards

I really like the new dynamic filtering feature in the UIv4 Dashboards page, I think it really adds a lot more usability/flexibility to dashboards and its probably my favorite thing so far about Uiv4.

Having said that, I did notice a few issues after playing around with it:

1. only System and Auto properties are available for filtering. Would be great to allow custom properties to be available as well
  2. Would like to be able to save filter “Views” across multiple dashboards, instead of having them need to be created for each dashboard
  3. Would like to have saved filter Views available to all users once created, not just the user which created the filter View
  4. Internal Websites are being shown on the dashboards, even when filters are set for properties which do not exist on those internal website checks
    • filtering works fine for Resources, but unintended Website checks are being included
    • Only seems to be including Internal Website checks, not External checks
  • Hey @Matt Whitney 

Currently inherited properties are not able to be utilized in dashboard filters, and while you didn’t ask here, I will state it, they are also not available in the new Resource Explorer.  It’s currently in the works to allow inherited properties in a future portal version. 

4 Replies

• Hey @Matt Whitney 

t’s currently in the works to allow inherited properties in a future portal version. 

Thanks for confirming!

• Hey @Matt Whitney 

Currently inherited properties are not able to be utilized in dashboard filters, and while you didn’t ask here, I will state it, they are also not available in the new Resource Explorer.  It’s currently in the works to allow inherited properties in a future portal version. 

• FYI, you are able to reference _more_ than just System and Auto properties -- you simply have to start typing, and they should show up as you type. I just tested this in my portal.

Doesn’t work for me. I am testing using a property inherited from a device group. Are you able to get inherited custom properties to show up as a filter property?

• FYI, you are able to reference _more_ than just System and Auto properties -- you simply have to start typing, and they should show up as you type. I just tested this in my portal.