Forum Discussion

Sarah_Luna
Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager
9 months ago

Datapoint Analysis now available!

Hi all!

We have a new feature that’s available to anyone participating in the new UI beta and has access to our LM Intelligence features. Datapoint Analysis (also known as Metric Correlation) pulls in relevant datapoints that will show users additional related datapoints. 

You can access the feature from either the Alerts page or the Alerts tab on the new Resources page by going to the Alert Overview tab and clicking on the new “Datapoint Analysis” button. 

On the Datapoint Analysis page, there is a summary modal that shows the correlated datapoints, instances, and resources. The analysis for the data is displayed in graphs that map to each of the following strategies used to determine the correlation score:

• Other datapoints on a selected instance
  • The same datapoint on other instances within the same resource
  • The same datapoint on other resources that share the same collector ID

Test it out and share if this is something that assisted in your troubleshooting journey! We would also love to hear any improvement ideas you have that would make the information more helpful. 

6 Replies

• We’ve played with this a little bit, it does a good job of pulling the related data together, we were surprised that it looked to other devices in the same group (MSP, clients each have their own collector all in their own groups).

Ideally, pulling more broadly, perhaps correlating internally to determine what to pull from externally would allow for a more thorough look at an issue.

• I’m interested to see the many ways this will help our customers. 

• Hi @David Bond - I reached out to our Account team, as access to Datapoint Analysis requires being on our Enterprise package which includes our Intelligence features.

Ah sorry - given that this is the “Open Beta Process” forum, I thought that this could be enabled on our sandbox account.  Never mind!

Sarah_Luna
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

Hi @David Bond - I reached out to our Account team, as access to Datapoint Analysis requires being on our Enterprise package which includes our Intelligence features.