Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Who can mark a response as the answer to a question

@A11ey, what are your plans for this? I’ve seen you do it, but I haven’t noticed yet if community members can. I would hope at least the OP would be the primary one marking the answer to a question since they’ll usually be the one most familiar with the problem and if the response actually answered the question.

One policy I had previously was to give the OP a few days to mark something as the correct answer. If they didn’t I’d ping them. If they still didn’t then I would mark it. However, I have the technical chops to know if something is the right answer. I wouldn’t expect you to do that given your relative inexperience with the LM product.

• If a user posts a question, they should be allowed to select Best Answer, they get a reminder to mark the best answer via email. We will have the Support team here moderating, marking best answers and providing responses where needed.  You are correct, I will not be marking any product related questions for Best Answer ;)

1 Reply

A11ey
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

If a user posts a question, they should be allowed to select Best Answer, they get a reminder to mark the best answer via email. We will have the Support team here moderating, marking best answers and providing responses where needed.  You are correct, I will not be marking any product related questions for Best Answer ;)