Forum Discussion

A11ey
Former Employee
2 years ago

What Additional Topics, Groups or Categories would you like to see?

Please reply below and indicate if it is a Topic, Group or Category.  If there are other features you think are missing please feel free add your thoughts.

Anonymous

Is there a way to do context sensitive layouts? Show one thing to users who are not logged in and another to users who are? Would be amazed if it could show different layouts based on rank (is it rank that indicates how active someone is in the community?)

A11ey
    Former Employee

Cool! I'll have the events widget too. I publish that new page, it's called Forums, it's in the main drop down menu at the top. So feel free to bookmark it 😁

I will keep tweaking things as we go. Appreciate your input! 

Anonymous

Suggest replacing the link on the main page (tiles widget) that currently goes to the product hub and just send them to the forums page.

• Update on this: I feel like a broken record, but the platform limits me on design and placement of widgets. Take a look at this page, it’s a secondary landing page I was able to create.  I can add and remove widgets, still limited, but is this view more helpful?  https://community.logicmonitor.com/community?

I like that the “fluff” has been removed and that the content has been pulled up.

I think the Events Calendar should stay - so long as you maintain a supply of fresh events.

Stuart Weenig wrote:

Solved topics is nice, but there’s nothing actionable in there, it’s all in the past.

Agreed. The Solved Topics can be removed.

My opinion might be unique or unpopular, but I don’t like gamification of the community. The Most Liked and User Leaderboard could be moved to another page that is linked from the footer, and I wouldn’t miss them. I don’t (yet) like badges, but if this feed shows recent awards, that is at least an informative recent event (more so, if we understood and appreciated the accomplishment).

When looking over the Recent Activity, I see cyan question marks and green checkmarks. These icons are helpful. Could we get a sidebar section showing unanswered questions?

If we can get a new Topic Type of Feature Request (please do this), I would love to see a sidebar section for Most Recent Feature Requests. And a new icon for the Recent Activity.

Anonymous

If we can get a new Topic Type of Feature Request (please do this), I would love to see a sidebar section for Most Recent Feature Requests. 

Yes, that would be awesome. Ally’s hands might be tied though as the product team will have a lot of say in how feature requests work in the community (now that they’ve decided to pay attention to the community).

When looking over the Recent Activity, I see cyan question marks and green checkmarks. These icons are helpful. Could we get a sidebar section showing unanswered questions?

Yes, this too.

A11ey
    Former Employee

Another thing that was mentioned was a space for personal conversations. Would anyone be interested in  a group for personal sharing? Rather than just a forum, it could be a public group people could join.   LMK your thoughts!