Forum Discussion

A11ey
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

Monthly Contest Ideas

So we haven’t had a lot of interest in the contests, I got some feedback on the current one that posting videos may not be allowed by some companies.  So I’d like to hear from everyone here, what kinds of contests would you be interested in?  Or are they just of no interest?  

5 Replies

• I like contests. Maybe instead of us publishing information about our config, which may be difficult to do without revealing the wrong info, maybe a competition around actually doing things in LM.

• Who can build the best pollen/allergen monitoring DS
    • Who can build a DS to track hurricanes in the gulf (with location updates so they can be plotted on a map for bonus points).
    • Who can make the most useful script to interact with the LM API
    • Coding puzzles - I used to run a coding competition similar to this at a previous employer. We’d have categories for easiest to understand, code golf (fewest lines), best documentation, etc. If LM is really trying to be a platform, then coding skills are where it’s all going to happen

Those kinds of things still revolve around doing cool stuff in LM, but don’t require exposing IP.

• Feature Request posted within time frame with the most likes.

Honestly, that could be a recurring contest every month on top of other contests.

A11ey

Great stuff! Thanks for the ideas!! 😁

A11ey

Great idea @Mark HenslerKeep the ideas coming!