Forum Discussion

A11ey
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
30 days ago

Known Issues - Launch

Follow this post for a list of known issues and I'll update the status.  
If you find issues please post in reply, I will investigate, and provide updates and add to this list if a ticket is required!

1. Ticket logged - When updating your profile, the Save button disappears, and when navigating away you get an error that changes were not saved.  Just exit our of the error and you should see that the changes actually have saved.

36 Replies

• Another issue: The feed on the community feedback page is only "top content" | LogicMonitor - 15063

Related: I've also noticed that the order of the sorting options is different depending on which page you're on. On the home page, the first option is "most viewed". On the product discussion page, the first option is "most recent". On the community page, the sort options are not even present. Can we make this consistent across all pages, with "most recent" as the default sort option for all pages?

A11ey

Working on this!  Each one is a separate module, so I am working theu them to get all the sort options to display!

• There are two "Community Corners" under the hamburger icon when the browser is skinny. 

A11ey

This has been resolved!

• Sorry, I'm not used to piling all issues into one ticket. Here's another one: https://community.logicmonitor.com/discussions/community-feedback/im-unexpectedly-prompted-for-a-sign-in/15064

A11ey

No worries I can track them easier for now, since they are all launch! Resolved!

• I used to have the ability to see, within the feed, who was the most recent commenter. This was helpful for me because I was able to see which threads I had already responded to. With the current one, it appears that the user's profile pic is shown at the top of the feed entry and their name at the bottom of the feed entry. At the bottom is also a timestamp (3 minutes ago, for example). Does this timestamp indicate the last activity by anyone or by the person to the left of the timestamp? Will the person to the left of the timestamp always be the author or could it be changed to the last participant?

A11ey

This one is a blog, what will show in the opening post will always be the Leading Blog Author, as well as the display at the bottom, but there is an option for Co-Author, which would have both names at the bottom, but the person who posted has the leading Avatar.  This is another feature option I am working thru to remove the author at the bottom!

• Man, I'm getting tired of having to sign in every time i close the community tab then come back 5 minutes later.

I don't mind the leading avatar to be the author's. The bigger one is what you're already working on: having the author removed from the bottom. If you could replace it with the name of the last person to act on that object, that would be ideal.

A11ey

This one has been updated, still need to work my way thru the rest of the blog pages. 

• I have the community open and signed in in one tab. But when i click the link in an email notification, it opens the community and i'm not signed in.

A11ey

I'll log a bug in this to see what it causing it. Not happening for me, however I am getting booted out more often than expected, so I am working on updating timeout sessions, which might be just an odd coincidence on this one!

• Definitely not a timeout issue. I had one tab where i was logged in and one tab with my email. Clicked a link from the email to open a third tab. That third tab didn't have me logged in. 

I do have 3rd party cookies disabled, but google's doing that on april 1 globally anyway. If the login session relies on 3rd party cookies, some developer somewhere should be drawn and quartered.

mray
    Icon for LM Conqueror rankLM Conqueror

Curious if anyone else is having this one...

When commenting, if I start `@mentioning` someone the entire page just blanks out.

mray
        Icon for LM Conqueror rankLM Conqueror

hmm well that's good to know. I cleared browser data, signed out/in, disabled extensions, etc but it's still doing it. idk but I guess it's good that it could just be me

• When liking something, the like doesn't show up until a page refresh. This gives the impression that a like didn't happen, resulting in either multiple clicks and/or frustration.

Stuart_Weenig
      Icon for Legend rankLegend

This seems to be resolved as long as you're signed in (i'm not usually).

A11ey

Yeah, if you can Like it with or without being logged in, then it should show when you click it!

A11ey

I have this logged as a ticket!

• Sorting replies by "most liked" is really confusing. It's hard to follow the conversation, especially with threads imported from the old community that didn't support sub-threading like this one does. 

Can we change the default sort of replies to be either newest or oldest?

A11ey

On the home page I have most viewed, which is by design, since most people do not start from there, I want to bring top conversations to the forefront. 

I think I set everything else to Most Recent by default, if I missed on LMK, I couldn't find it :P

• I'd like to request that that design decision be overturned. Just because a post is viewed does not mean it contains useful information. It means that google thought it was important because of SEO reasons (not usefulness reasons). Or that the title was convincing enough to have people click on it (again, not measuring usefulness). 

Unless Khoros has a "was this post useful to you" voting option, I don't see how it can measure the usefulness of a post. Since you can't measure the usefulness of a post, you can't sort by usefulness. Sorting by anything else does not accomplish the purpose. 

Since the purpose can't be accomplished, you might as well save most of us the extra click switching over to the "most recent" sort option. 

Now for general feedback: I'm not impressed with the new platform yet. So far, it's actually worse in one big way: I can't find the stuff that I'd like to take action on. There's no "unread" feed. The notifications bell is hit or miss sometimes loading a blank page. This is compounded by the fact that i have to log in multiple times a minute. The "most recent" sort option is the closest i can get to seeing the stuff i might be able to take action on, though the system does a poor job of highlighting which ones are unread by me (compounded by the login issue). Plus, there's no concept of "my feed" containing just those items/categories/forums/objects/whatever they're called that I've subscribed to. So, I end up going to the top level, sorting by "most recent" and trying to see what things I've responded to and what things I've not, mentally skipping over the marketing stuff that is syndicated over from the blog (which i never look at because it's too salesy). 

These aren't uncommon pitfalls though. Facebook and Twitter/X also have this problem. They use an algorithm more complex than "most viewed", but the end result is the same: the stuff at the top of the feed isn't always everything and often is stuff i don't want.