Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Is there an approval process for tags?

I’ve tagged several posts with the same tag. However, that tag shows up with “(0)” when i use it the 2nd time and any time thereafter. Also, in the search my tags don’t show up.

• We don’t have an approval process for tags, at least not yet, we did some cleanup after migration, and we are working on a list of standard tags, but wanted to gather information from the tags being used.  I tested some of the tags, like Community Feedback, and clicking on them shows all the posts tagged in the search page, as well as the tag. Then I searched on “powershell” and I was able to see the posts tagged, and a list of clickable tags at the bottom.    Can you give me a couple of your tags and I can research in the backend?

8 Replies

A11ey
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

We don’t have an approval process for tags, at least not yet, we did some cleanup after migration, and we are working on a list of standard tags, but wanted to gather information from the tags being used.  I tested some of the tags, like Community Feedback, and clicking on them shows all the posts tagged in the search page, as well as the tag. Then I searched on “powershell” and I was able to see the posts tagged, and a list of clickable tags at the bottom.    Can you give me a couple of your tags and I can research in the backend?

• I see, only “related” tags show up. I was hoping to get more than the top 10 tags. I’d have to search for the tag name, then click the tag, then clear out my search query so that I see everything with the tag. There needs to be a “view more” and/or “view all” option on the tag filters.

A11ey

Totally agree! The only options I have are how many to display, but that impacts every page that Tags display on.  Right now it’s set to 10, I could up that a bit but too many might be just that ;)

A11ey

I was able to update the Homepage to 20, but the Federated Search page does not pick that up. Still investigating that one!