Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Feed option

Is there not a feed option? Where can i go to see my activity feed (not my activities, but activity in the areas i’m following)?

• Activity feeds:

From the main navigation, the drop down has recently active topics and unanswered questions.

Each forum has a sort view, recently active, most replies, most views, newest first. 

In addition you can also subscribe to each forum.

On your Profile>Settings and check the option for  

• Display numbers of new community activities  Yes/No

I also prefer the unread posts view, the platform does not have an unread post/topic feed for the front end, but we are working to see if we can create one via APIs!   Will keep you updated! 

7 Replies

• I grew really dependent on the “Unread posts” feature of the last community. Where can i find that feature in the new community? I guess that’s my real question. The “Unread posts” feed gave me a to-do list that i could use to make sure i was helping people out.

• This is helpful. Found lots of things I wasn’t seeing before. Guessing the widget you’re working on is to show only topics where the “X New” has an X greater than 0. Hope so.

A11ey
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Activity feeds:

From the main navigation, the drop down has recently active topics and unanswered questions.

Each forum has a sort view, recently active, most replies, most views, newest first. 

In addition you can also subscribe to each forum.

On your Profile>Settings and check the option for  

• Display numbers of new community activities  Yes/No

I also prefer the unread posts view, the platform does not have an unread post/topic feed for the front end, but we are working to see if we can create one via APIs!   Will keep you updated! 

• These feeds are less than useful. They show the original post. They don’t show what the reply was (or what the activity was) until you click in. I need to be able to know if something in my feed needs my attention. I don’t want to have to click into each one. I don’t want to have to read each one. I need an unread/read indicator.

• I grew really dependent on the “Unread posts” feature of the last community. Where can i find that feature in the new community? I guess that’s my real question. The “Unread posts” feed gave me a to-do list that i could use to make sure i was helping people out.

+100000 for this.  I love starting my visit with seeing what’s new since the last time I visited, both new threads and threads with unread replies.

A11ey
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Thanks for the feedback!  Unread post list is not a native feature of this platform, we are working to see if we can create a custom widget.  

Interim solution: In your Profile Settings you can select this option. 

then when you go to the Activity Feed you will see the number of new activities on each post, you can click that number and see new replies.