Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Couple of questions

When is community go live again?

Also, in my profile it shows i have 23 DMs. But, i only see two:

Know where the other 21 might be?

I also tried to send the above in a DM, but it said i had more than 1000 characters. I’m guessing that’s because it counts each byte in the images as characters? That’s lame. At least have your error messages indicate the actual problem. if images aren’t allowed in DMs, just say that.

I originally had tried to put bigger screenshots in, but now this thread tells me i’m limited to 50000 characters. I don’t have 50000 characters. I have a couple hundred and two really small screenshots.

If we can’t post screenshots, that’s going to be a problem.

6 Replies

A11ey
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

For PMs, it includes badge notifications, which is confusing and an idea I submitted to separate those.  But just in case it’s not that, here’s a view of my PM Page, its just a list of PMs in boxes that runs the full page (terrible experience) but LMK if you are only seeing 2 messages here?

Also character limitations, it is 50k for posts, but I has someone else with this issue when they did a copy paste from word, I think it happens with Google docs too, but whatever your character count is in Word/Docs, it is the same in community posts, but sometimes it doesn’t like the copy paste. Images should not take up any more characters based on size.  You might try pasting into word pad, then pasting back and adding images with the insert image function. I have noticed when I past images it sometimes looks odd.   Try that, if is still doesn’t work, grab a screenshot and I’ll log a ticket.  Also if it persists, LMK any patterns and details and I’ll log a ticket with support.

A11ey

Oh to your first question!  Technically anyone can come to Community right now, we will promote it to more users next week, so Monday/Tuesday we’ll consider it open to all. The issue I am up against is the old Community redirects are not working, so I cannot shut that site down until that is fixed!

• Yeah, i’m only seeing two PMs there.

I didn’t copy and paste from word. I did a screenshot (which copies the screen to the clipboard) and pasted it from my clipboard into the post. This needs to be possible. Check your DMs, i pasted an image there and it converted it to [img]a;slidhf;aourhfgapijsd;fl;uahsdfip;joas;dlfkjapo;sldjfhaj[pwersio;fjsoilfkuhgikyufhsejryfgskjurhfdiskrugdjfhialurwesd[/img], which is laughable in 2023.

I really really really really don’t want to have to use “insert image” because i can only use images i’ve saved to my hard drive, which is more of a pain than the screenshot is worth. I also can’t insert images from URL, which is also a drag. You have to do that through “insert media”, which has a hidden blacklist where only certain domains are allowed.

• This was a test of a large screenshot. Seems to be working now. Maybe it was a glitch in their system in the js library that handles images.

A11ey

Yeah, its a finicky platform!  But if it persists I can log a ticket or an idea.   I saw the image but it was hard to tell what it was!  I’ll submit a ticket and let you know if they need anymore information.