Forum Discussion

3 years ago

2021-12-15 US Office Hours

Thanks to Dave Femino with our Product Management team for stopping by with a demonstration of our new LM Logs search capabilities! Please fill out our survey to let us know how much you like our webinars.

Here's a list of the questions asked and the times when they were asked.

Q: [17:01] Very cool.  Will those Aggregates be available as widgets to put on a dashboard?with the login issues that plagued many services providers today. is there a secondary portal we can access like tenantname2.lm...

Q: [21:58] Unrelated to logs: Wondering if there is a way to do reporting on configs?  Like an aggregate of a specific config for many resources OR all resources that have a specific string in a config, etc. I guess the other use case was having a way to aggregate a small config from many devices into a report.  I didn't see that within reports but was hoping there might be some roundabout way to do it

Q: [26:54] (This is long so if you want me to verbalize it I can.) We have some DataSources where the Collect script fails to run successfully, and in the Raw Data we get No Data for some DataSources and _no rows at all_ under Raw Data for other DataSources. In each case there are Datapoints which are set to raise an Alert for No Data, but that's not happening - apparently because the script is abending instead of completing. I've developed a work-around for custom DataSources, but we don't want to have to customize ones with this issue that are coming from the Core Repo. Any suggestions? ("Please contact Support" is an OK answer!!!)

Q: [33:09] with the login issues that plagued many service providers today. is there a secondary portal we can access like tenantname2.lm...?

Q: [34:20] Is this discussion a logging only or can we address alert levels and escalation chains?

Q: [34:35] any plans on updating the mail lib

Q: [35:15] I may need to verbalize my situation. I have multiple levels od support and need to direct alerts to 1st level for 30 minutes, ect

Q: [44:08] Any plans to incorporate iperf or any other bandwidth testing tools into the collector?
Anything that you can run on a Collector you should be able to wrap in a script, and then call that script from a DataSource.    We're doing that with great success - although not the tools you mention.
Do you have a link or example that explains this process more?

Q: [46:35] can an event source output an info level alert. so far only warning (yellow) show up in my event source widget.

Q: [47:40] I think I fully understand how Custom HTTP Integrations work, in that they originate from the LM infrastructure and not from Collectors. We would like to be able to have an Integration (or the functional equivalent of one) send the outbound HTTP/HTTPS call from an internal Collector instead. Any thoughts on something like a custom DataSource which could trigger a webhook, originating from a Collector? (I think such a DS would have to poll the Alerts API which might not scale well.)

Q: [49:36] Is there any DataSource available for tracking Santa? Seriously though, is there a master go-to list of any / all public & private LogicModule collections that are not in Exchange?  Post webinar note: Stay tuned here. I found some stuff and want to play around building what i can build. There may even be a blog post coming.