Welcome to the LogicMonitor family! All of us here at LogicMonitor are excited to work with you. Below, you will find key information to help simplify the setup process and maximize your experience using LogicMonitor. Happy Onboarding!
Requirements for onboarding
Please review and complete these requirements prior to starting your implementation:
- Compile your inventories (This includes but is not limited to device and preparation of your cloud environment if you will be monitoring your cloud.)
- Mapping & Group Set up
- Obtain device credentials
- Plan & provision dedicated Collectors
- Begin collecting dashboard & reporting requirements
If you get stuck, we have a ton of free learning modules in LM Academy!
Security best practices
At LogicMonitor, your security is our priority. During your onboarding, we will review our Security Best Practices to promote adherence and risk mitigation. There, you will also find advice on setting up security controls for your LM Envision portal and for your collectors. Additionally, you will find articles on how to configure SSO, MSO, Two-Factor Authentication, and much more!
LogicMonitor is committed to offering the best service to our customers which not only includes our continual platform updates but our world-class support. Our standard Support team is available 24/7 and is the first stop for all product-centric questions before, during and after your implementation. Here is more information on contacting our support team.
Understanding LM fundamentals and LM-specific language is critical to your success. Access your highly recommended Implementation Readiness Training in your LM portal. The training icon is located in the top right of your screen. Click the training icon to navigate to LM Academy. Once you create your LM Academy account, you can access our implementation training materials by clicking the View Onboarding Training button on the LM Academy homepage.
Additional training opportunities
Access online courses and videos by selecting the training icon in the top right portion of your LM screen (follow the steps to access training outlined above). Want more? Attend our live training events to hear from LM experts. Register for our live trainings to watch live demonstrations and participate in Q&As with other industry leaders.
LogicMonitor offers a certification program for users who want to formalize their LogicMonitor credentials.
- LogicMonitor Certified Associate (LMCA): The LMCA is an introductory certification program for new LM Envision users, certifying their foundational product knowledge. This program presents LM Envision from a conceptual and practical point of view. To help you prepare for the LMCA Exam, LogicMonitor offers a complimentary prep course to teach you all you need to know to get your LMCA certification. We encourage all users to obtain their LMCA certification during onboarding.
- LogicMonitor Certified Professional (LMCP): The LMCP certification program builds upon your foundational knowledge and is intended for LM Envision admins and advanced users. LogicMonitor offers a complimentary prep course to help you pass the LMCP Exam and obtain your certification. We recommend this program to all users working in an administrative role so they can learn to maintain their LM Envision environment most effectively.
You can purchase the LMCA and LMCP exams directly in LM Academy. Training a team? Reach out to your CSM to inquire about certification bundles.
You are equipped with a strong Customer Success team behind you that is ready to help and guide you along the way for best practices, portal health, or anything else you may need in order to ensure success for your team! If you need to be directed to your CSM, reach out to our technical support team or your Account Executive.
Product updates and release notes
With LogicMonitor, you always have access to new features as soon as they’re released. Subscribe to our release notes to stay updated on the latest features from LogicMonitor. (Note: these pertain to both platform and collector updates).
Still have questions as you kick off your implementation? Drop a reply in this thread or start your own discussion on the Community to connect with other customers or our internal LM Experts!